Thursday, June 18, 2009

Introduction

Hola!!

So i am starting a blog so that my friends and family can follow my journey across the ocean and to a foreign land called Spain. I am going for a month to learn how to speak the language as well as learn about the culture. I am very excited and very nervous at the same time.. Its like the feeling of waiting for the gun to shoot when starting a race, or that feeling you get when you are up to bat and its 2 outs last inning and you have a runner on 3rd base, that gut feeling you get where you can barely hold still. I have all that going through my system times 100. I hope this is a journey of excitement, fun, and a journey of finding myself. oooo la la deep.

What do i know so far? NOT MUCH.. I know that i will be in class 4 hours a day and the rest is letting my wings fly me to who knows where, doing who knows what. And yes there will be a lot of studying involved. I know that by the time I get to Spain i am going to be tired of traveling. HA HA from here to Spain is 14 hours travel, well from here to dallas and then to Madrid, Spain. And then from Madrid to Logrono is a 4 hours bus drive with 3 stops. Woo hoo.

I still need to shopbut i am making some progress and I am slowly gathering clothes, I am just not a fan of shopping. I'd rather stick needles in my body then clothes shop to be honest. But i have printed out tons and tons of packing list from everywhere and so I feel that i will be some what prepared, and I know i will take to much. Who doesn't? I have exactly a week left. Wow time is flying fast and i know that plane ride will be the longest plane ride ever, it always seems to be that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment