Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Grocery shopping and first real day of class

June 30, 2009
So today was our first real day of class and it kicked my butt…. We are not allowed to speak ingles (English) at all unless we are to the point of pulling our hair out then we can say a few words in English. After class we went to the grocery store to get real food. It was very successful and fun and exhausting all at the same time. I have stayed away from the meat thus far, I am a chicken I know. But I got some bread, strawberry and chocolate milk, a few produce, a smelly thing to make my room smell like apples. It’s crazy to go to the seafood section, its gigantic smelly section of the store. And they have everything out there like eel, fish heads, all sorts of fish, shrip, anything and everything just chilling there on the ice. And then you look to the left and its your meats and they have pig legs with hooves and everything just hanging there for you to buy. Not a fan. Also their milk comes in boxes not refrigerated, it makes me a little nervous so I got the other two milks because they were in the fridge section. By the time that excursion was over with I was exhausted because we had to carry all of our stuff back to the dorms and it’s about ½ mile walk maybe give or take. I came home with a lizard on my bed, our windows don’t have screens on them just bars like prision. Ha ha. I wanted to keep it and make it my pet but I didn’t have a container. Boooo.. I know I am a little kid at heart. Right now the hallways smell like mildew, some estudiantes came in the hall way last night and turned the fire hose on, everyone my piso (floor) their rooms got somewhat flooded except for the last 5 or 6 rooms which I was in which is very good. Now I know not to leave anything on the floor. Silly kids they never grow up. It stays very light outside till 10ish its crazy… Well I am having a blast and I am very excited that I have this opportunity and I can’t wait for more adventures.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet!! This all sounds soooo fun!!!! After reading about the tiles, I'm proud of you and your accident prone self for not falling! It sounds like it's going pretty good. When I was going through your pics of the first day, and I saw the river, I nearly puked. It's brown! Your blog confirmed what I figured; it smelled wretched. Prob full of decomposing bodies. Tasty. keep updating!!! Adios!

    ReplyDelete