Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Catching up

June 29, 2009
All of my three days of being in Logrono has been really amazing.. It gets really hot here but I am sort of use to it from being in the humidity in Alabama. I am starting to get use to being surrounded by only Spanish, I still can’t understand it but it is less uncomfortable I guess you could day. I love the way this town is relaxed and just enjoys one another’s company minus those who are driving.. They are awful drivers, I am pretty sure every time I cross the road I think I might pee my pants when a car slams on their breaks. So my first day of class wasn’t too bad. I only understood every few words, but at first we were all together for orientation. The teachers seem really nice, and they have tons of patience, I can tell already. Then we had a little treat and juice or water then we had to take a placement test, just so they can see where we are at. The best wasn’t too bad, the only two hard things where writing about a nightmare and then speaking with two of the teachers, they were very sweet and kind. They asked how I was doing and I said I was doing good but nervous and they kept reassuring me not to be nervous and the test is no big deal. HA! Then every time I got stuck or messed up and I would say sorry they reassured me that I was doing well and not to say sorry, I just didn’t want to disrespect them or say some horrible word. Lol knowing me I would. After that we came back to the dorms. Erin and I went searching for the river and found it, in hopes that we would be able to swim in it, but that is a BIG FAT NEGATIVE! L The water is really gross and smells bad. I don’t feel like getting any disease or viruses while I am here so I will just take a cold refreshing shower. But it is a lot easier to jump into a cold pool, ocean, or lake then it is to climb into a cold shower.
After that we rested during the siesta, I am starting to love those, I think the united states should have siestas maybe we would be a happier people. We had a tour thing to go to so we decided to leave early because we had to walk to another part of the city to get to our group. WE WALK EVERYWHERE!!!!! We used a map, and then along the way we stopped at a grocery store and I got Aqu Aries (its like this orange water drink) it is fabulous and I got a little snack. We looked through a few stores and kept walking. We decided we had an hour to kill so we mine as well catch dinner so we stopped at this little cafĂ©. I have no Idea what kind of sandwich or roll thing I ate but it was absolutely good, the waitress laughed when I ordered but after to point to what I wanted my transaction was successful. We finally made it to our group and toured the old part of the ciudad (city). It was really pretty and I took a lot of pictures. The tour wasn’t as fun but when you are sweating, you can’t/understand any of it, it’s kind of difficult. We almost got hit by a few cars but it was nice. The guys we were walking with were fun, and they seemed a little protective of us which was nice. Our tour was 2 hours long. Right after our tour was over and we were heading back to the dorms it started down pouring, I mean raining buckets and buckets and it was very windy. I am starting to get use to the lightning and thunder but I still don’t like it. I guess it rains every night, but I am grateful for the rain because then it cools everything, but I don’t recommend walking during the rain. The sidewalks here are tile they aren’t smooth and continuous and so it is a struggle. LOL but I have yet to fall. Oh yeah!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment