Saturday, June 22, 2013

When in Rome do what the Romans do

    The plane ride over was not as bad as i expected, i didn't get to sleep but i watch a few movies and walked circles in the plane hahaha. Mom tried to sleep but half way through her sleeping i woke her up so i could get up and stretch because i had a leg cramp! HAHA Bless her heart. The airport reminds me a lot of Spain, the not knowing where everything is located and also everything being in a different language. All of our luggage showed up WOOHOOO. As the driver took us from the airport to our hotel, it reminded me of my first time on the roads of Spain and how chaotic everything is, i do believe that i would be an awesome driver here. I drive fast, don't stay in my own lane and seldom use a blinker unless there is a car behind me :)
    Our hotel looks nice, we didn't get to see the room because they are not ready till 2 so we dropped off our luggage and are now waiting for our first tour. Today's agenda (it is saturday 11:58am here) is a 3.5 tour of the Vatican. I think it will be very interesting. The parents decided it would be a great idea to do a tour on our first day here, that way we can stay awake and be totally exhausted by the time we are suppose to go to bed here. LOL while i am typing this both parents are asleep on the USO couch where we wait for the tour guide to come get us. HAHAHA. I hope that there is wireless at the hotel that way i can download the pictures day by day so there will be less to look at and it will be easier to keep up and understand. 
   I miss Spain very much and hope one day to go back. I think that opportunity will help me here since i already understand Euros and how to act. I walk the streets like I own them, and cross the street like no ones business. Dad continues to say Hi to everyone, so everyone keeps asking him for money or if we want a tour. LOL he is a mess. I have seen a few nuns woohoo so maybe there will be a chance to see a monk or two.  I do hope that i get some awesome sleep tonight :) and a shower off would be amazing... Not too much a girl can ask for right? Well off to the tour i will update later. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment