Friday, June 14, 2013

Fish, Jelyfish, Reefs Oh My

    I did my first ocean wreck/reef dive today!! It was so incredibly amazing. It is crazy how different our world is compared to the world under the sea. On the boat it was rough and a little hot, but once you got in the water and about 10 feet down the seas are calmer and the water feels amazing on your skin and face.
    Our first dive was the Red Sea Tugboat that was sunk in 2009 to become an artificial reef and was about 50-60 feet deep. The wild life was amazing and beautiful. Coming up to the boat there was a group of barracudas, it is safe to say I tucked all limbs in and look like a ball in the ocean. I was able to get amazing pictures.
   Our second dive was a sunken bridge and there was a lot more of a variety of wild life but the current was a lot stronger and we had to hold onto the bridges not to get taken away. We stayed down probably about 30 minutes each time.  This is my first dive since my surgery and it went amazing, there was no problems and I was able to equalize often as needed. I absolutely love diving and I can't wait to do it again!!




No comments:

Post a Comment