Friday, June 28, 2013

Dinner on the Roof

   Wednesday night dad had a social to go to and we were invited. The place was called Savoi, beautiful restaurant and the best part was it was on the roof of the building so you could see a lot of Rome from there. The view was amazing!!! We got up to the top and were offered little finger foods, I was only brave enough to try to two things, these little bite size pizza and some other little pastry hahaha. The guest mingled with one another both in Italian and also in English. I meet the people that are a part of dad's team as well as an Italian two star General who was really nice and was glad that mom and I attended and also ventured out without dad. Everyone was pretty impressed with how much we have seen in so little time. Well that is the Thurgood way leave the hotel in the morning and you don't see it again until night fall.
   While everyone was talking I was able to get some pictures. I need to figure out my camera a little more but I think the pictures were pretty. We were then seated at tables for dinner. My parents sat with the General while I sat with my dads team. They were a blast and I am glad I was able to sit with them. I laughed so hard it felt great. The food was very interesting. The first dish was  tomato, eggplant, pepper thing, I ate a few bites of it. (At the time I thought it was squash not eggplant) The second dish was pasta with pesto and tentacles from some type of sea creature. I had a few bites so it wouldn't seem rude. The third course was some fish thing which I didn't eat at all. Ewwwwwwww while mom was served steak they forgot about their daughter who doesn't like fish or seafood so I ate my roll and the guy next to me offered his roll hahaha. Then finally the dessert came and it is safe to say that I ate every piece of it lol. It was a sweet custard like thing with powder sugar and fresh berried. Overall the evening was amazing and I am so blessed to have this experience!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment