Friday, July 17, 2009

Update!!!

Sorry yall I havent been updating my blog. Spain is absolutely amazing and I am having the time of my life. I thought that I wouldn't have enough things to do but we are constantly busy having a blast and having an adventure of a life time. The only reason I am able to update today is because i am sick :( no bueno.

So far I have been very successful with the clothes washing and the grocery shopping. I have even experienced washing a dress in the sink because i forgot to wash it with the rest of my clothes. ha ha who would have thought that it would have been fun. The grocery shopping here is different. To get the veggies and fruit you have to put plastic gloves on and then you get what you want. The milk here is not refrig but i havent had the nerve to try it, weak i know. But there is just something about milk being on a regular shelf that turns me away. The first time i went shopping i had the spanish dictionary out while trying to shop trying to figure out what i was buyiing and if i even knew if i could eat it. You should have seen all the looks i got, it was hilarious. The onyl bad thing about shopping is that i have to carry it back to the dorms. ot very fun, but i am getting serious muscle. And then when you go to check out you have to bag it yourself and while you are bagging your stuff she rings up other people its is very efficent and very convienant. And then she tell you how much your price is and you pay and you are good to go.

One of the very most important things you should know is that they don't have a lot of playing cards here. It took me 2 weeks!!!!! 2 stinkin weeks to find cards and even then it was just poker cards. I was hoping they would have Skip-bo or Phase 10. Nope all they have is Uno and Poker cards. But i finally found some and everything is right in the world. lol. I even bought some really cool earrings, I love them!!!
I also tried to find sweatpants but no such luck but i got a cool jacket. Someone said that I wouldnt need the sweatpants that I tried to pack and they said it was going to be warm. Welll lo and behold we had a cold spell for about 2 or 3 days.. And so finally i bought the jacket and have only used it once. I knew that was going to happen, after i bought the jacket it would get hot again. Oh well at least i have a new jacket.

No comments:

Post a Comment